Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27, Mar. 5, 12, 19, 26
This class will encompass the use of the mouse and keyboard. It will also cover the basic elements of the desktop and how to maneuver and do a simple search. *This is a required pre-requisite course.
Feb. 4, 11, 25, Mar. 3, 10, 17, 24
This class will encompass a review of the use of the mouse and the keyboard functions; how to place and identify your cursor, drag and drop, cut and paste, and other basic skills. It also will cover the basic elements of the screen and how to maneuver from window to window and do a search. A mousing diploma will be issued to students who successfully complete that portion of the class. Students who do not already have an existing email will be assisted in obtaining an email address with Google. *This is a required pre-requisite course.
* Basic Computer & Beyond Basics are PRE-REQUISITE CLASSES. You must attend at least one of these classes to be eligible for any other computer classes. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to each student.
Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28
An introduction to Microsoft Word and Excel; includes a brief overview of how to access these tools and a basic idea of their functions.
Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26, Mar. 4, 11, 18, 25
Since the attendees of this class will be working at their own level and pace, we will spend the first half hour of the class reviewing techniques and sources where information can be obtained toward the goal of completing family ancestry. Guest speakers will participate when available.
OVERVIEW & INTRO TO LIBRARY DATABASE & WEBSITE USAGE
Feb. 8, 15, 22, 29
Will present Library-provided databases and their many functions.
INTRO TO GOOGLE
Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28
An introduction to the search engine Google and its many facets.
To attend Library Computer Classes:
1. Sign up at the library;NO sign-ups by phone.
2. Sign up for ONE session of your desired classes. If there are extra seats available when a class commences, those who would like to repeat the class for practice are welcome. However, new attendees get first priority.
3. Be sure to attend all classes for which you are signed up. If you are unable to attend, please call the library as soon as possible so that your spot may be opened for someone else.
4. There is no charge for any of the classes. Donations are always welcome!